Based in London, England
Jump in the shoes of Jack B. Nimble and master the whip in this cute, retro auto runner. Leap and dash across spooky hilltops, gothic cityscapes, dank dungeons and more! Whip candles to multiply your score, and use your environment to slow down and stay in control of the action; but watch out for obstacles that block your path! With a score system based on player accuracy and distance travelled, timing and skill are key to achieving a position atop the leaderboard. Are you nimble enough?
Jack B. Nimble was originally created using the resolution and colour palette constraints of the Nintendo Game Boy as part of the second Game Boy Game Jam.
- High speed side-scrolling action
- Authentic retro Game Boy era visuals
- Accessible single input control scheme - just jump and whip!
- 8 characters to choose from and 6 endless, increasingly difficult levels to master
- Thumping chip tune soundtrack by Barry "Epoch" Topping
- Prove your skill with Game Center leaderboards and achievements!
Jack B. Nimble Trailer YouTube
Jack B. Nimble Devlog #5 YouTube
Jack B. Nimble Teaser YouTube
Jack B. Nimble Devlog #4 YouTube
Jack B. Nimble Devlog #3 YouTube
Jack B. Nimble Devlog #2 YouTube
Jack B. Nimble Devlog #1 YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "4/5" Touch Arcade Review, 14 October, 2014
- "Pocket Gamer Bronze Award" Pocket Gamer Review, 7 October, 2014
- "A fast, well-designed and really good endless runner."
- Konstantinos Dimopoulos / Gnome, IndieGames.com
- "Pixel perfect (circa 1989), and the off-colour monochrome is spot on."
- Spanner Spencer, Pocket Gamer
- "A fresh feel, like a hardcore twist on Halfbrick's classic Monster Dash."
- Shaun Musgrave, Touch Arcade
- "The visuals in Jack B. Nimble are delightful, and serve as a nice homage to the classic handheld games of yesteryear."
- Christine Chan, App Advice
- "Much tighter and engaging than the majority of its peers in the genre."
- Chris Priestman, Indie Statik
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below to complete a distribute() request and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Noonan.Design allows for the contents of Jack B. Nimble to be published through video broadcasting services for any commercial or non-commercial purposes. Monetization of videos created containing assets from Jack B. Nimble is legally & explicitly allowed by Noonan.Design. This permission can be found in writing at http://noonan.design/presskit/sheet.php?p=jack_b_nimble.
Out now! nostoppingepoch.bandcamp.com.
Game Jam Postmortem
The blog-post containing the postmortem from the game jam version of the game is available at noonansean.blogspot.com.
Noonan.Design is the pseudonym of game developer, Sean Noonan. A lifelong passionate gamer, Sean has been creating game and level designs since the late 1990's. From humble beginnings with mods and total conversions, he has since accrued over a decade of professional experience in design, and continues to work on projects in his free time, maintaining an active presence in the indie game development scene.
More information on Noonan.Design, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Jack B. Nimble Credits
Designer / Artist / Programmer