Ludum Dare 39
I finally took part in another Ludum Dare! This time, the theme was “Running out of Power”. Above, you can find a timelapse of my take on that theme.
Similar to my last game jam efforts (Bad Juju), I decided against streaming development. I feel that streaming can cause too much of a distraction, especially if I’m actually engaging with the chat. However, I feel a timelapse is non-intrusive and documents a complete start to finish process from “File > New” to completion.
- Game built in Construct 3 (using a mixture of Chrome and Chromium)
- Pixel art was created in Pyxel Edit
- Adobe Photoshop was used for larger sprite work and text
- Lab Chirp was used to create the majority of sound effects
- A couple of other sound effects were created in BFXR
- The wind effects were recorded on microphone in Adobe Audition
- The music was created in Otomata and mixed in Adobe Audition
I hope it shows in the final game, but I had a great time this Ludum Dare. I particularly enjoyed the sprite work in Oil Patrol, and would really like to come back to it and clean it up. I’ll be back with a postmortem soon.
As of writing, you can still play and rate Oil Patrol at the Ludum Dare 39 page here:
…or you could skip all of the Ludum Dare nonsense and just play Oil Patrol here: